The success of your business can depend on many determining factors, and it is obviously in your interest to positively affect these areas where possible. One key component of any successful company is a well-functioning work premises and having a space where your staff are energised, encouraged and productive can give your business a massive lift. We will look at how to conduct an office refurbishment project in the correct manner with the end result being a workplace which you are proud to show off to friends and clients alike.
Planning, Planning, Planning
As with any important project proper planning is crucial to success, at the outset sit down and think about what you want to achieve. There are a number of initial steps that you can take to ensure your refurbishment runs smoothly, these can include –
- Establishing a realistic budget that you can afford.
- Appointing a dedicated Project Manager to manage the day-to-day tasks.
- Identifying what your staff may want or need.
- Visualising what the finished office space would look like.
Conducting some research is also a great idea, the internet is a great source of information and a search for ‘office refurbishment Gloucester’ or something similar will give you a listing of local specialists, check out their products and how they might work for your project.
Areas For Improvement
There are various key areas of the workplace that a refurbishment can upgrade, some are more important than others but all demand some thought in how they might be upgraded or improved. These vital areas might include –
- Décor – the right colour scheme forms an important part of the office environment.
- Lighting – improved natural light is linked to increased productivity.
- Furniture – upgraded equipment can improve all the areas of the business.
- Floor plan – office partitions can ensure efficient workflow.
- Staff Areas – giving staff a place to re-energise when on a break is a must.
Incorporating your company brand or logo into the refurbishment is also a great idea, this can be done in a number of ways which your refurbishment specialist can help you identify.
Further Steps to Success
To ensure your project runs to plan you can take a number of steps to ensure success,
- Draw up a design brief with your Project manager.
- Contact a number of local refurbishment specialists and conduct on-site consultations.
- Select a specialist with ample experience and who gives you confidence in your initial dealings.
Once you have chosen a partner for the refit talk through the design brief you and your project manager have drawn up, harness their experience and consider any changes or alternative options they might have, they know what works and what does not.
Your Vision Becoming Reality
Once the final design is confirmed and you are completely happy there are some steps you can take to make sure your business continues to function effectively during the work.
- Assess whether you can use the office while the work takes place and make alternative arrangements if this is not the case.
- Communicate effectively with your staff to make sure they know what is happening and are engaged in the project.
- Co-ordinate with your project manager effectively but let them do their job.
Once the work is finished, you can conduct an assessment, and highlight any issues you might have with the refurbishment specialist.
By following these procedural steps, I hope you can realise a fantastic new office space where you and your staff can take your business to the next level.